Monday, October 19, 2009

Love Jesus

Last night I listened to a sermon by Brother Johnny from rrcsermons.blogspot.com. It is titled "Love Me" from April 2008. He preached from the passage found in John 21:15-19. I love this passage and what it means and this morning I just wanted to share some of the things that I learned as Brother Johnny was preaching. Jesus asks Peter multiple times "Do you love me?" In the sermon Bro Johnny tells us to put our name there- "Kara, do you love me" This will make you think. Jesus answers "Feed my sheep." The following are points that Bro Johnny made in his sermon-and I would encourage everyone who reads this to listen to this sermon. And of course I thank Bro Johnny for preaching the Word of God in truth so that we may learn.
-Our religion does not impress God
-Any sin problem in my life is first and foremost a love problem toward Jesus. If I love Jesus like I should then sin would be less of an issue.
-My love for Jesus should exceed my love for anything else. Anything that we love more than
Him is an idol. Anything.
-The degree of my love for Christ is directly related to the degree of my understanding of what He has done for me (really think about this one for a few minutes)
-My love for Jesus will never match His love for me
-we give love to Him by obedience, gratitude, and spending time with Him

God is more than worthy of our love and adoration. If we truly love Him we will love His people, we will continually proclaim His worth to Him, we will be obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment